Dr. Kenneth B. Hawthorne, Jr. M.D.
- Joint Replacement
Private Practice: Ormond Beach, Fla., 1993-present
Certificate: Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
- Daytona Beach Hawgs, 2005
- Bethune Cookman College, 1993-2004
- Atlantic High School, 1994-1997
Leadership: Chief of Surgery, Florida Hospital, Ormond, 1999-2002
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Eastern Orthopedic Society
- Southern Orthopedic Society
- Florida Orthopedic Society
Fellowship: University of Colorado, Aspen Sports Medicine, 8/1992-7/1993
Director: Wayne Gersoff, M.D. and Robert Hunter, M.D.
- Colorado Rockies Major League Baseball Team
- University of Colorado Football Team
- University of Colorado Athletic Department
- United States Ski Team
- The Big Eight Conference Cross Country Championship
- American Downhill Ski Championship
- Denver Public High School Athletic Department
- Denver Public High School Football Teams
Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Surgery
Using the accelerated rehabilitation protocol
Residency: Medical University of South Carolina Orthopedic Surgery July, 1987-1992
Chairman: John B. McGinty, M.D.
Team Coverage: United States Ryder Cup Golf Tournament Heritage Professional Golf Tournament
American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Anaheim, Calif. – March 1991
Evaluation of Glenoid Loss with CT for Total Shoulder Arthroplasty
Eastern Orthopedic Association
Bermuda, October 1990
the Percutaneous Afghan Osteotomy for The Proximal Tibia
Southeastern Orthopedic Resident's conference
Charleston, S.C., May 1990
Percutaneous Pin Fixation for Slipped Femoral Capital Epiphysis
"Evaluation of Glenoid Bone Loss with CT scan for Total Shoulder Arthroplasty"
The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 1992; 74A
"Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and Cigarette Smoking"
The American Journal of Hand Surgery, 1988; 13A; 5459
"Osteolysis of the Pubic Bone Simulating Malignancy"
Orthopedics – June, 1988; 11:9514
Medical School: Medical College of Ohio
Degree: M.D. – June, 1987 Class Rank: Upper 50 percent of the class
Honors: Three Month surgery Clerkship Orthopedic Research Clerkship
- Effects of Anti-Inflammatory Drugs on Antigen-induced Arthritis in Rabbits
- Scanning Electron Microscope Techniques were used to further characterize the cartilage destruction
- The therapeutic effects of anti-inflammatory drugs upon the cartilage in these experimental rabbits
Graduate School: Ohio State University
Degree: M.S. in Biophysics – September, 1983
Publications: Hawthorne, Kenneth B.: The Perception of Redness at Short Wavelength for Anomalous and Normal Observers. A thesis submitted to Ohio State University,
Department of BioPhysics – August, 1983. A four-channel Maxwellian view optical system was built to provide intensity and color annulus. Anomalous and normal observers were tested with the apparatus, and the data was mathematically analyzed to determine each subject's perception of redness at Short Wavelengths.
Undergraduate: Denison University Granville, Ohio
Degree: B.S. in Physics – June, 1982, Upper 15 percent of Graduating Class
- Sigma Xi, National Research Honor Society
- Sigma Pi Sigma, National Physics Honor Society
- Mortar Board, National Senior Honor Society
- Alpha Epsilon Delta, National Pre-Medicine Honor Society
- Senior Fellow for Physics Department
Roudebush Scholarship for being an outstanding student and athlete – $1,000
National Science Foundation Summer Research Program – $2,500
Publications: Hawthorne, Kenneth B.: Mathematical Analysis of Electroencephalograms. A Thesis submitted to Denison University, Department of Physics – May, 1982.
False-negative electroencephalograms of patients with brain tumors and true-negative electroencephalograms were mathematically converted from a frequency mode to a power spectrum mode. The transformed electroencephalograms were then compared to determine if the false negative could be identified.
- President of Physics Honorary
- Co-leader Denison Christian Fellowship
- Chairman of Denison's Hospital Volunteer Program
- Varsity Cross Country
- Marathon Runner
The Hawthorne Clinic